The religious community of the Missionaries of Charity Fathers is a clerical religious institute of diocesan right which was
founded in New York, by Mother Teresa with Fr. Joseph Langford, MC
on 13 October 1984, to combine the beauty of the Missionary of Charity vocation with the grace of the ministerial priesthood.
The Fathers seek out the materially and spiritually poorest of the poor - the least, the last and the lost, those most in need of God's mercy - striving to be instruments of God's saving love by their priestly presence and ministry of word and sacrament. They serve in mission areas, in hospitals, prisons, and soup kitchens, in shelters of the Sisters and Brothers, in homes, in the slums and on the streets. They also serve the MC Family through Holy Mass, confession, retreats, seminars, conferences and spiritual guidance. As priests, they have been entrusted with the mission of studying and making known the theological and spiritual depth and beauty of Mother Teresa's spirituality, mission and message.
Applicants must be 18 years of age and eligible to enter university level
In 2008, 36 Fathers were serving in 8 houses in Mexico, Italy, India,
Guatemala, Kenya, and Tanzania.
The religious community of the Missionaries of Charity Fathers is a clerical religious institute of diocesan right which was founded by Mother Teresa of Calcutta with Fr. Joseph Langford in 1984, to combine the beauty of the Missionary of Charity vocation with the grace of the ministerial priesthood.
Our particular mission is to labour at the salvation and sanctification of the poorest of the poor by:
• the witness of our consecrated life;
• priestly ministry and evangelization where there is no priestly presence by:
• going in search of the neediest – in mission areas, in the slums, in homes and on the streets, in hospitals, prisons, soup kitchens, and shelters of the Missionaries of Charity Sisters and Brothers;
• welcoming the poor in Jesus’ name, ministering to their spiritual and material needs;
• forming the poor as disciples – our houses are places of prayer and reconciliation where the poor are welcome to grow in the prayerful knowledge of God’s merciful love;
• sending the poor out as apostles to give the same person and presence of Jesus to those around them that they themselves have experienced and responded to;
• our spiritual assistance to the MC Family by offering the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation, retreats and seminars on the MC charism;
• our service in bringing Mother Teresa’s message to the world:
• evangelizing the People of God through the ministry of the Word, to groups and individuals, in retreats and seminars;
• sharing this message of hope and renewal with our brother priests;
• by studying and adapting the charism to all categories of Christian living, the needs of the Church, and the world.
We are located in Tijuana and Mexico City (Mexico), Rome (Italy),
Calcutta and Shillong (India), Tamahú (Guatemala),
Nairobi (Kenya), and Kahama (Tanzania).
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CANDIDATES:
Applicants to our Institute must be 18 years of age and eligible to enter university-level studies.
Those men who desire to follow Jesus as His priest in service to the poorest of the poor
will be invited to make a two week “Come and See”
experience with us before they can request admission.
For further information please contact the Vocation Director
by e-mail email@example.com or in the country nearest you: